3. General Steel Holdings (GSI), operates a portfolio of Chinese companies engaged in the production of a variety of steel products including reinforced bars (rebar), hot-rolled carbon and silicon sheets, spiral-weld pipes and high-speed wire. The company has interests in four steel-related subsidiaries: General Steel (China), Baotou Steel, Shaanxi Longmen Iron and Steel (Long Steel Group), and Maoming Hengda Steel Group.
For fourth quarter of 2010, the company recorded year-over-year increase of 6% in its total revenues to $478.6 million. Net income reported was $2.2 million as compared to a net loss of $11.1 million on higher revenue led by higher steel prices. For full-year 2010, revenue increased 13% and net loss narrowed 69.4% from 2009.
Looking ahead, the company expects demand to continue in 2011 from the infrastructure, housing and transportation sectors. The company expects the measures it adopted in 2010 will allow it to capitalize on the current strong global demand for steel. Furthermore, it believes that China's western region presents a window of opportunity given the large-scale construction and development.Of the two analysts covering the stock, 50% recommended a buy while the remaining rate it a hold. The stock's average 12-month price target is $4, or 65% higher than the current price, analysts polled by Bloomberg say.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV