8. Reliance Steel & Aluminum (RS), a metals service center company, provides metals processing services and distributes a line of more than 100,000 metal products, including alloy, aluminum, brass, copper, carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium and specialty steel products sold to more than 125,000 customers across a range of industries. The company operates across 38 states through a network of more than 200 locations.
For full-year 2010, net income stood at $194.4 million, or $2.61 per share, up 31% from $148.2 million, or $2.01 per share. Sales for the period rose 19% to $6.31 billion with 3.73 million tons of metal sold at an average $1,683 per ton.
Going forward, the company estimates 2011 first quarter earnings per share to come in the range of 90 cents and $1. Additionally, the company raised its regular quarterly cash dividend by 20% to 12 cents per share from 10 cents earlier. First quarter 2011 cash dividend is payable today.Of the 9 analysts covering the stock, 89% recommend a buy. Analysts polled by Bloomberg forecast a 12-month price target of $66.3, about 18% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV