9. Steel Dynamics (STLD) is a steel producer and metals recycler operating in three segments: steel operations, metals recycling and ferrous resources operations and steel fabrication, and is involved in the fabrication and sale of steel joists and decking products.
For full-year 2010, the company reported net income of $141 million, or 64 cents per share, on net sales of $6.3 billion compared to a net loss of $8 million, or 4 cents per share, on net sales of $4 billion in 2009. The company recently declared a quarterly cash dividend of 10 cents per common share, up 33% from 2010 fourth quarter dividend. The dividend is payable on April 14, 2011.
For first quarter of 2011, the company estimates earnings per share in the range of 37 cents and 42 cents as compared to 29 cents recorded in the first quarter of 2010. The company estimates sluggish residential and non-residential construction activity; however, steel consumption in the automotive, transportation, energy, industrial, and agricultural and construction equipment sectors is expected to spike.Of the 10 analysts covering the stock 80% recommend a buy while 10% rate a hold. Data from Bloomberg has analysts predicting an average 12-month price target of $22.2, about 18% higher than the stock's recent price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV