Spotting a Reversal: Technical Analysis Primer
BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- If you've been exposed to the main ideas behind technical analysis, you already know that trend is one of the cornerstones of technical trading. Studies have shown that prices move in trends -- and that following those trends is one of the most effective ways to significantly grow your portfolio.
But trends ultimately fail, leaving latecomers holding the bag for those who were prescient (or lucky) enough to get out early. The key to being one of the latter is to spot reversals early.
Of course, as with most stock trading tactics, spotting reversals is much easier said than done. Today, we'll take a look at some tools that can help you spot reversals early and spare your portfolio from losses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV