Spotting a Reversal: Technical Analysis Primer
BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- If you've been exposed to the main ideas behind technical analysis, you already know that trend is one of the cornerstones of technical trading. Studies have shown that prices move in trends -- and that following those trends is one of the most effective ways to significantly grow your portfolio.
But trends ultimately fail, leaving latecomers holding the bag for those who were prescient (or lucky) enough to get out early. The key to being one of the latter is to spot reversals early.
Of course, as with most stock trading tactics, spotting reversals is much easier said than done. Today, we'll take a look at some tools that can help you spot reversals early and spare your portfolio from losses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV