HORSHAM, Pa., March 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Astea International Inc. (Nasdaq: ATEA), a global provider of service lifecycle management and mobility solutions, today released its fourth quarter and year-end financial results for fiscal 2010.
For the quarter ended December 31, 2010, Astea reported revenues of $7.1 million which were 27% greater than revenues of $5.6 million for the same period in 2009. Net income available to shareholders for the quarter was $1.2 million or $.34 per share, compared to net income available to shareholders of $.4 million or $.10 per share for the same period in 2009. Software license revenues of $2.6 million were 58% higher than the same period in 2009. Service and maintenance revenues were $4.5 million compared to $4.0 million for the same period in 2009.
For the 2010 fiscal year, the Company reported revenues of $21.4 million a 6% increase over 2009 revenues of $20.1 million. The net loss available to shareholders was $1.9 million or ($.52) per share in 2010, compared to a net loss to shareholders of $1.2 million or ($.33) per share for the 2009 fiscal year. License revenues increased 85% to $5.0 million from $2.7 million in 2009. Service and maintenance revenues were $16.4 million, a 6% decrease compared to $17.4 million in 2009."We are very pleased to see the marked improvement in our fourth quarter results, which were highlighted by a significant increase in revenue and profitability," commented Zack Bergreen, chairman and CEO of Astea International. "In the face of a challenging economic environment, we have been able to successfully expand our market opportunity and global presence to position the company for continued market share gains as the economic environment continues to improve further. We are still early in the new year, but we are more optimistic about the economic environment for the service management market space as compared to past quarters." Bergreen added, "We are experiencing increased momentum in new customer acquisition as well as accelerated growth in our pipeline, with large enterprise opportunities around the world. We are excited about the product releases we have planned for 2011 in addition to the marketing, sales and partnership infrastructure we have in place. As a result, we fully expect to have a bigger impact on the market moving forward as well as a distinct competitive advantage that will be difficult for competitors to match. I would also like to mention that we are very grateful that, after the horrific earthquake in Japan, all of our employees and families are doing well and our Japan office in Tokyo remains operational." A YEAR IN REVIEW: 2010 HIGHLIGHTS
- Signed new enterprise customers and had a number of existing customers, for both the Astea Alliance and FieldCentrix solutions, continue to expand their configurations with additional licensing for more users and additional functionality.
- During the fourth quarter, Astea added major customers in each of their operating regions. In North America, Astea signed a leading Fortune 500 company that provides diagnostic testing, information and services. In Europe, the Company signed a nationwide tire retailer and tire service provider with a network of over 300 Service Centers throughout the UK. Additionally, in Asia Pacific, Astea signed one of the world's largest manufacturers of semiconductor equipment and material.
- A number of customers completed their deployments and many upgraded to the latest releases, reaffirming that Astea's customers recognize the value and positive impact that Astea's solutions are having on their overall service business.
- The Company introduced Astea Alliance, version 10.0. This release was by far Astea's most comprehensive release to date. Astea Alliance 10.0 focuses on enabling and easily facilitating service organizations to confidently and effectively create, support and manage a truly virtual service delivery network for both financial and operational efficiencies. With workforce collaboration, analytics, third party and vendor management, ITIL support and much more, organizations can feel confident that they are implementing best practices and delivering a consistent level of service around the globe, greatly improving customer satisfaction.
- Astea entered into a partner relationship with ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation ("CTC") a significant leading systems integrator in Japan. The partnership combines its deep IT services expertise and systems integration experience with Astea's global service lifecycle management, mobility and optimization solutions. CTC will act as a value added reseller of Astea Alliance solutions, giving their current and future customers access to Astea's industry leading service lifecycle management and mobility solution. They will market, sell and deploy the Astea Alliance suite to their existing customer base as well as aggressively pursue new customers in Japan.
- Astea announced their positioning in the Visionaries Quadrant in Gartner's 2010 Field Service Management Magic Quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors compare against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.