RIM Earnings: Live Blog
TheStreet live-blogged the Research In Motion (RIMM) fiscal fourth-quarter earnings release and analyst conference call after the bell Thursday.
But as business in the U.S. weakens, sales abroad have grown. RIM's fourth-quarter report reflected these trends: The BlackBerry maker beat analyst estimates for adjusted earnings, posting $1.78 a share vs. the expected $1.76. As for quarterly revenue, RIM posted in-line numbers at $5.56 billion, up from $4.08 billion a year ago.During the company's conference call with analysts, RIM execs warned of lower revenue for the quarter, with co-CEO Jim Balsillie emphasizing a "time of cutting over" as the firm gets set to release its new, enterprise-minded tablet, the Playbook. "It's a time of enormous investment and transition," said Balsillie. "
>To follow the writers on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/TheStreet_Tech. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV