4. JA Solar Holdings (JASO) is a China-based manufacturer of high-performance solar power products.
Revenue for 2010 fourth quarter came in at $584.3 million, increasing 137% from $246.5 million registered in the fourth quarter of the prior year. Gross margin dropped to 19.2% from 20.6% in the earlier year quarter. Gross profit increased to $112.2 million from $50.8 million in same quarter of 2009.
Actual sales recorded for the fourth quarter were consistent with analysts' estimates. Earnings per share beat analysts' estimates by 61%.Total solar products shipments for 2010 fourth quarter were 463 MW, growing 100% from 231 MW during the same period last year. Based on demand, JA Solar expects total cell and module shipments to surpass 2.2 GW in 2011, or a 50% increase from 2010. Analysts have buy ratings of 52% and expect the stock to deliver 35% return in the next one year. The stock is trading at 4.9 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV