5. Trina Solar (TSL) is a China-based solar products manufacturer with a distribution network panning Europe, North America and Asia.
Net revenue for 2010 fourth quarter was $641.8 million, a 104.9% year-over-year increase. After the results, Jifan Gao, CEO Trina Solar, said in a press statement, "Our growth in 2010 demonstrates the successful execution of our strategy to expand sales across distribution segments and geographic end markets in North America and other exciting photo voltaic markets such as India, Australia and China."
Actual sales for the quarter topped analysts' estimates by 21%, while earnings per share were 82% higher than estimated.Gross margin reported was 31.4%, lower than 32.6% in 2009 fourth quarter. Operating margin reported was 22.6%, compared to 20.6% in the prior year's fourth quarter. Net income was $145.3 million, including a net foreign currency exchange gain, compared to net income of $48.8 million during the year-ago quarter. Solar module shipments for the latest fourth quarter were approximately 351 MW, up 114.3% year-over-year. Analysts have buy ratings of 78% and expect the stock to deliver 31% return in the next one year. The stock is trading at 6.5 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV