5. Trina Solar (TSL) is a China-based solar products manufacturer with a distribution network panning Europe, North America and Asia.
Net revenue for 2010 fourth quarter was $641.8 million, a 104.9% year-over-year increase. After the results, Jifan Gao, CEO Trina Solar, said in a press statement, "Our growth in 2010 demonstrates the successful execution of our strategy to expand sales across distribution segments and geographic end markets in North America and other exciting photo voltaic markets such as India, Australia and China."
Actual sales for the quarter topped analysts' estimates by 21%, while earnings per share were 82% higher than estimated.Gross margin reported was 31.4%, lower than 32.6% in 2009 fourth quarter. Operating margin reported was 22.6%, compared to 20.6% in the prior year's fourth quarter. Net income was $145.3 million, including a net foreign currency exchange gain, compared to net income of $48.8 million during the year-ago quarter. Solar module shipments for the latest fourth quarter were approximately 351 MW, up 114.3% year-over-year. Analysts have buy ratings of 78% and expect the stock to deliver 31% return in the next one year. The stock is trading at 6.5 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV