6. GT Solar International (SOLR) provides polysilicon production equipment and sapphire and silicon crystalline growth systems and materials for the solar, LED and other specialty markets.
For third quarter of 2011, the company reported 51% increase in revenue to $263 million from $173.6 million in 2010 third quarter. Gross profit for the quarter came in at $122.1 million, up from $76.7 million reported in the year-ago quarter. Operating margin was 36.1%, compared to 33.2% in 2010 third quarter. Net income rose 73% to $63.6 million from $36.8 million during the same quarter last year.
Actual sales were 40% higher than analysts' estimates, while actual earnings per share were 135% higher at $0.47 per share.Based on the company's guidance for fiscal 2011, revenue is expected to range between $835 million and $860 million, higher than the earlier guided range of $775 million-$850 million. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 75% and is expected to deliver 30% return in the next one year. The stock is trading at 8.9 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV