"Not only does First Niagara have a proven track record of success, but a clear vision for how it will continue improving every aspect of its business, increasing shareholder value and serving its customers and communities," Norwood added. "I'm proud to be joining the team that is charged with executing First Niagara's growth strategy and furthering its success."
Previously, Norwood was a partner with KPMG, LLP, serving financial services clients including some of the nation's largest banks from the firm's New York and Charlotte, N.C. offices. He started his career as a certified public accountant with KPMG in 1980, including serving for two years as a professional accounting fellow at the Securities and Exchange Commission's Washington headquarters.
Norwood earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from Northern Arizona University.
About First Niagara Financial GroupUpon completion of its pending merger with NewAlliance Bancshares, Inc., -- subject to customary closing conditions including approvals from regulators -- First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. will have more than $30 billion in assets, $18 billion in deposits and 340 branches across Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Today, through its wholly owned subsidiary, First Niagara Bank, N.A., the Company has $21 billion in assets, 257 branches and $13 billion in deposits. First Niagara Bank, N.A. is a multi-state community-oriented bank providing financial services to individuals, families and businesses. For more information, visit www.fnfg.com.
CONTACT: First Niagara Contact Leslie G. Garrity Public Relations and Corporate Communications Manager (716) 819-5921 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV