Patriot National Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Market “PNBK”, the “Company”), the parent of Patriot National Bank (the “Bank”), reported its net loss for 2010 fell 36% due to improving asset quality, an 84 basis point improvement in the net interest margin and the recently completed infusion of capital. In 2010, the net loss decreased to $15.4 million, or $1.30 loss per share, from $23.9 million, or $5.02 loss per share in 2009.
“Our restructuring initiatives are intensely underway. The operating improvements made since October demonstrate our team’s commitment to restoring health and profitability at Patriot, while positioning the Bank for long-term sustainable growth,” said Michael Carrazza, the Chairman of the Board.
The following are highlights for the quarter and twelve months ended December 31, 2010 :
- A net loss for the year ended December 31, 2010 declined 36% to $15.4 million, or $1.30 per share, compared to a net loss of $23.9 million, or $5.02 per share, for the year ended December 31, 2009.
- The closing of a $50.4 million recapitalization transaction on October 15, 2010 restored the Bank to a “well-capitalized” status, with Total Capital to Risk Weighted Assets of 17.08% for PNBK and 16.54% for the Bank.
- Nonperforming assets declined for the fifth consecutive quarter by $40.1 million, or 28%, to $105.5 million compared to $145.6 million at September 30, 2009.
- Loans placed on nonaccrual decreased $4.0 million, or 42%, compared to the third quarter of 2010 and decreased $3.8 million, or 41%, as compared to the fourth quarter of 2009.
- Net charge-offs in 2010 were $8.1 million, a decrease of $5.4 million, or 40%, compared to the year ended December 31, 2009.
- Net interest margin improved 84 basis points to 2.91% in 2010 compared to 2.07% in 2009, which resulted in a $3.5 million, or 19%, improvement in net interest income compared to 2009.
- A $2.7 million, or 40%, improvement in pretax quarterly results compared to the third quarter of 2010 and a $3.5 million, or 46% improvement, as compared to the fourth quarter of 2009.
“Our turn-around strategies are beginning to yield favorable results,” said Mr. Christopher Maher, President and Chief Executive Officer. “In addition, with the recently announced pending sale of nonperforming assets and the consolidation of four branch offices, the groundwork is in place to restructure the balance sheet. These and other strategies serve not only to lay the foundation for a more efficient cost structure, but will also have a positive impact on operating results. As we complete these initiatives, we will increase our focus on deploying our substantial liquidity position to prudently grow the loan portfolio and ramp up earnings capacity.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV