ConAgra, the maker of processed foods under the Chef Boyardee, Healthy Choice, Hebrew National and Orville Redenbacher's brands, among others, booked a fiscal third-quarter profit of $214.8 million, or 50 cents per share, down 6.4% from $229.6 million, or 51 cents per share, earned in the year-earlier period.
ConAgra shares were 0.1% higher ahead of the opening bell Thursday after closing 0.3% lower to $22.93 on Wednesday.ConAgra said rising commodity costs pressured its bottom line. Revenue rose 4.1% to $3.15 billion. The top-line figure also came in better than analysts' call which had been for revenue of $3.12 billion. ConAgra said its Banquet and Peter Pan brands were among the strongest performers in the recent quarter. The Omaha company also reaffirmed its full-year guidance for earnings per share to grow at a low single-digit percentage rate over fiscal 2010's $1.67 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV