HAMBURG, Germany, March 24, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Evotec AG (Frankfurt:EVT) (TecDAX) today reported financial results and corporate updates for the year ended 31 December 2010.
- STRONG 2010 RESULTS DRIVEN BY DRUG DISCOVERY ALLIANCES AND MILESTONES; ALL FINANCIAL TARGETS EXCEEDED
- First time profitable in 18 year history: operating profit of € 1.7m (+104%), net result of € 3.0m (+107%)
- Top-line revenue growth of +29% to € 55.3m, gross margin of 44.1%
- Strong and stable liquidity position of € 70m despite acquisition
- STRONG PORTFOLIO OF PERFORMANCE BASED DRUG DISCOVERY ALLIANCES: SOLID BASIS FOR GROWTH
- Multiple new alliances and contract extensions
- Significant licensing deal with MedImmune/AstraZeneca in metabolic diseases
- GOOD PROGRESS IN DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIPS: SIGNIFICANT UPSIDE WITHOUT DEVELOPMENT RISK
- Evotec's clinical programmes exclusively developed in partnerships; e.g. Phase II study ongoing with Roche in treatment resistant depression, Phase III ongoing with Teva in diabetes
- SUCCESSFUL ACQUISITIONS OF DEVELOGEN AND KINAXO FOSTER INNOVATION POWER
- Acquisition of Kinaxo opens path into oncology (after period end)
- Acquisition of DeveloGen represents Best-in-class approach for beta cell regeneration and unique position in regenerative medicine
- Harvard collaboration to expand leadership in beta cell technology (after period end)
- GUIDANCE 2011 – ACCELERATED PATH TO GROWTH AND SUSTAINABILITY
- Continued revenue growth of > 15% supported by strongest ever order book (€ 40m, +43% vs. 2010)
- Improved operating result (before potential impairment)
- Liquidity of more than € 65m despite significant investment programme and strong commitment to R&D platform technologies
1. Operational performance
Revenue growth of 29%, significantly improved operating result, first time profitable in Company history, strategic liquidity position stable at € 70m despite acquisitionWith the Evotec 2012 Action Plan slightly ahead of plan, Evotec ended the year with a very good financial performance and also slightly exceeded the raised guidance from August 2010. The Company delivered on all financial targets. Evotec Group revenues amounted to € 55.3m, 29% above last year's level (2009: € 42.7m). This increase was due to a strong performance of the Company's discovery alliances, significant milestone achievements, stable license and upfront income, and additional revenues from the acquisition of DeveloGen (€ 0.8m). The achievement of four milestones from Boehringer Ingelheim in 2010, amounting to € 9.0m (2009: € 4.0m), highlights the continued solid progress that was made in several research programmes with this partner. Due to these milestone achievements the gross margin for the Group increased by 0.9%-points to 44.1% (2009: 43.2%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV