SAN DIEGO, March 23, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Trius Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative antibiotics for life-threatening infections, announced today its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2010.
Trius 2010 and Recent Highlights
- Awarded a contract for up to $29.5 million from the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- Reached agreement with FDA for Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) for Phase 3 Oral ABSSSI study
- Completed $50 million Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Enrolled 50% of patients needed to complete ongoing Phase 3 trial for ABSSSI
- Announced positive Phase 1 torezolid lung study data
For the fourth quarter of 2010, Trius reported a net loss of $8.8 million, or $0.37 per share, compared to a net loss of $7.3 million, or $9.25 per share, for the comparable period in 2009. For the year ended December 31, 2010, Trius reported a net loss of $23.9 million, or $2.36 per share, compared to a net loss of $22.7 million, or $31.11 per share, for the comparable period in 2009. The decrease in the net loss per share for the three months and year ended December 31, 2010 as compared to the same periods in 2009 was primarily due to the increase in shares outstanding resulting from the IPO in August 2010.Revenues for the three months ended December 31, 2010 increased to $2.5 million compared to $1.0 million for the same period in 2009. For the year ended December 31, 2010, revenues were $8.0 million compared to $5.0 million for the same period in 2009. The increase in revenues during the three months and year ended December 31, 2010 was largely a result of the initiation of work on the Company's second federal research contract, a four and a half-year contract from DTRA for up to $29.5 million. Trius' first federal contract was a five-year contract from the National Institutes for Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health, for up to $27.7 million, which was awarded in 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV