NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CPFL Energy (NYSE:CPL) hit a new 52-week high Wednesday as it traded at $81.89 compared with its previous 52-Week high of $81.79. CPFL Energy is changing hands at $81.84 with 67,569 shares traded as of 3:16 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 127,400 shares over the past 30 days. CPFL Energy has a market cap of $12.9 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 6.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and sale of electricity in Brazil. It also procures and sells electricity to free consumers, other commercialization companies, and distribution utilities, as well as provides electricity-related services. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 14.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 16.1.
- Practice your CPL trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about CPL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV