ELKO, Nev. and BOISE, Idaho, March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Thunder Mountain Gold, Inc. (the Company) (TSX-V: THM; OTCQB: THMG), a U.S.-based exploration company focused on discovering and defining high grade, high quality precious and base metal resources, is pleased to announce it has entered into a strategic Agreement with Newmont Mining Corporation that will advance the Company's Trout Creek Project in Lander County, Nevada.
Jim Collord, President of the Company, said, "We are pleased to have this exploration agreement in place with Newmont on what I feel is one of the best remaining pediment plays in Nevada. The Trout Creek claims were staked in 2007 on a very positive regional geophysical target located in the Reese River Valley pediment, and our arrangement with Newmont substantially enhances our geologic target. The data package from Newmont substantiates our interpretation of the subsurface structural setting and will help guide our future drilling program."
With Newmont's private mineral package covering about 9,565 acres added to the 60 unpatented mining claims (1,200 acres) staked in 2007 by the Company within the thirty-square mile Area of Influence, the Trout Creek Project has been significantly expanded. The exploration area is situated on the Eureka- Battle Mountain trend in the Reese River Valley to the east of Newmont's operating Phoenix Mine and past producing Cove-McCoy Mines.
The data package made available as part of the Agreement provides additional geophysical information, as well as positive geochemical and drill data from previous Newmont exploration projects on either side of the Company's main target area. Jim Wright of Wright Geophysics has begun interpreting the Newmont data package and is recommending additional geophysical work to enhance the primary target area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV