1. Golden Minerals owns and controls a diversified portfolio of exploration projects with potential district scale properties in Latin America. The company's project pipeline is defined as feasibility and advanced exploration. Its most advanced project, under the feasibility stage, is El Quevar in Argentina. The company has one project under the advanced exploration stage, the Zacatecas project in Mexico, and 5 exploration stage projects: Atlas, Chavin, Cochabamba, Jehuemarca and La Pinta, in Argentina, Mexico and Peru.
During the year ended Dec. 2010, Golden Minerals recorded a net loss of $33.3 million, which included $15.8 million of expenses related to the El Quevar project, $13.3 million of exploration costs and $8.6 million of administrative overheads. Moreover, cash and cash equivalents stood at $121 million.
During Oct. 2010, the company closed a public offering of ~4.6 million shares, including 608,250 underwriter shares and a private placement of ~1.2 million shares to the Sentient Group. Both these issues were priced at $18.50 per share, taking the total proceeds of the offerings to ~$103 million.All the three analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate a whopping 222% upside to $61.3 in value from current levels. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 Mining Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV