5.Richmont Mines is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, operation, financing and development of mineral properties. The company currently produces gold from its Island Gold and Beaufor mines, and expects to begin production from its Francoeur Mine in mid-2011, increasing its production to 100,000 ounces of gold on an annual basis.
For the latest fourth quarter, the company reported 53% growth in revenue to $26.2 million from $17.1 million in the year-ago period. Moreover, net income surged to $4.6 million, or 15 cents per share, as compared to $110,000, or nil earnings per share in 2009 fourth quarter. For full-year 2010, revenue soared 26.3% to $90.8 million, while earnings jumped to $9 million, or 31 cents per share, from $336,000, or 1 cent per share in the previous year. Moreover, the company has a solid cash position with $40 million in cash and cash equivalents at the end of Dec. 2010.
On the production front, the company produced 66,849 ounces of gold during the year ended Dec. 2010, an increase of 13.3% over 2009 levels. The company expects to achieve production of 80,000-85,000 ounces during 2011.All the four analysts covering the stock rated a buy on the stock. There are no sell ratings. On average, analysts estimate 55.8% upside to $9.52 from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV