7. Capital Gold is a gold-producing and exploration company with growing presence in Mexico. The company owns and operates the El Chanate project, as well as the Orion Project in Nayarit, Mexico. After its recent acquisition of Nayarit Gold on Aug. 2, 2010, Capital Gold controls approximately 257,000 acres (104,000 hectares) of mining concessions.
During the latest second quarter ended Jan. 2011, the company reported earnings of $5.3 million, or 9 cents per share, compared to $2.9 million, or 6 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the period soared 51.5% to $20 million.
In terms of operating metrics, the company sold 14,573 ounces of gold at an average price of $1,375 per ounce, compared to 11,816 ounces at an average price of $1,119 during the quarter ended Jan. 2010. At the end of Jan. 2011, the company's proven and probable reserves are 77.7 million tons with contained gold of ~1.5 million ounces.The company installed and commissioned two agglomeration drums in Feb. 2011 for better mixing of cement, lime and gold-leaching chemicals with the crushed ore. This development will help the company achieve its anticipated production target of 65,000-70,000 ounces of gold during 2011. The company sales volumes were 54,304 ounces during 2010. Of the five analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate it a sell. On average, analysts estimate an upside of 10.7% to $6.3 from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV