Novell Delivers Business Service Management Solution In Support Of SAP® ITSM Application
WALTHAM, Mass., March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Novell today announced, as part of its ongoing alliance with SAP AG (NYSE: SAP), that Novell® Operations Center can now be configured to integrate with the SAP® IT Service Management (SAP ITSM) application. The value-added Novell product is part of the Novell business service management solution. This integration with SAP ITSM and Novell Operations Center provides configurable service views into deployments of SAP ITSM. As a result, customers benefit from a near real-time view of the relationships and interdependencies of business services, workloads and IT infrastructures. This solution leverages the SAP-certified Novell CMDB360 4.6 configuration management database product announced in October 2009, which is part of Novell Operations Center.
"Through this offering with Novell Operations Center, our customers can further standardize IT processes," said Oliver Conze, vice president of IT Management Solutions at SAP. "This will help enable businesses to wield IT as a competitive differentiator and better support business objectives through improved performance."
Novell Operations Center maps and measures mission-critical services in physical, virtual and cloud computing infrastructures. It monitors performance and availability, maps service models to meet compliance while providing real-time measurement, and mitigates the risk of service-impacting events with a proactive view of changes before going into production. Novell Operations Center enhances the SAP ITSM solution by delivering views that are configured in a user's environment through services for a standard deployment. Customers can leverage this solution to add a more complete view of their SAP infrastructure and align service management to the business without re-implementation.
"Monitoring and mapping are some of the key drivers in the systems management market," said Dr. Thorsten Wewers, CEO at ecenta, an SAP services partner and Novell channel partner. "Novell Operations Center for use with SAP IT Service Management provides an opportunity for customers and partners to initiate a fixed business service alignment project quickly and grow it at their pace."The Novell Operations Center product for use with SAP IT Service Management delivers three standard views to be configured as part of a customer's implementation:
- IT Service Desk Agent View: Delivers the ability to view relationships of configuration items as services, allowing users to navigate the infrastructure views and pinpoint the root cause of an incident quickly. It provides a live view of the environment from a single dashboard and enables users to drill down and determine activity in order to gather accurate information about how to most efficiently restore service.
- IT Service Professional View: Provides a view of the infrastructure (during the planning process) that enables an understanding of services, change calendars and other planned changes. Understanding these events allows the organization to assess the effects that could impact the environment and plan changes accordingly. It provides a single dashboard, offers everything needed to properly assess the effect of change, and delivers the insight to make those changes at the right time.
- IT Service Manager View: Provides a global summary dashboard that gives viewers a broad overview of service performance. It can drill into the Service Desk Agent view to see exactly what is going on within the infrastructure and provides a summary of service health and basic statistics, which indicate both good and poor performance. These statistics show which mission-critical services and potential service-impacting events should be focused on to achieve the greatest benefits.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.