The major upside for CBS, in Morgan Stanley's view, could result from international syndication, which is "a growth sector for the media industry, and CBS -- both from a content-quality perspective and as a potential earnings driver -- is most exposed."
The recent deal with Netflix, whose streaming subscriber base accounted for more than a third of its quarterly net-subscription additions, is a two-year non-exclusive licensing agreement, allowing Netflix to stream select shows from CBS's library, including currents like Medium and classics like Cheers.
The financial terms of the deal haven't been disclosed, but it is undoubtedly a lucrative move for both parties as much of the content covered, particularly hit classics, also encompassing Family Ties, Star Trek and The Andy Griffith Show, aren't getting playtime on-air, but are likely to attract viewers on the Web, benefitting both parties.
To see these stocks in action, visit the Morgan Stanley's Best Stock Ideas Portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV