PARAMUS, N.J., March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CUnet ( www.cunet.com) announced today the launch of a new social media management platform aimed at marketers in higher education. The platform was designed to make it easy for schools to reach and engage with audiences through multiple social media platforms, while providing clear measurement analytics to track and optimize the effectiveness of each channel.
As social media tools continue to gain influence, schools are looking for new, efficient ways to use these channels to connect with both current and prospective students. According to the 2011 Higher Education Benchmarking Survey, conducted by LeadsCouncil in partnership with CUnet, 63 percent of schools are planning to increase their spending in social media for marketing purposes this year. Despite this, many schools continue to struggle with how to use these platforms effectively.
"For many schools, the cost of managing several presences across multiple social networks, both in terms of time and money, is a significant impediment to using social media effectively," said Jeff Berg, Social Media Strategist at CUnet. "CUnet's SocialThumb simplifies this process by giving schools one centralized control panel to manage Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, YouTube channels and other social venues. Unlike most social media management tools, SocialThumb allows educators to engage beyond just posting and responding to comments, providing robust workflow management, post scheduling and the analytics required to track successful student engagements."
Available as a licensed software or a fully managed offering, CUnet's SocialThumb allows schools to:
- Manage & Streamline - Schedule, manage, and assign activity, and easily share across social networks in a single step, incorporating clear workflow and approval paths.
- Listen & Communicate - Social inbox makes it easy to track and monitor social media activity while also enabling schools to quickly respond, and engage with students and prospects.
- Measure & Report - Beyond simple monitoring, SocialThumb provides extensive analytics allowing users to easily track activity, engagement and reach with key audiences, measure the effectiveness of different channels, and measure basic sentiment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV