NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Energy XXI (Bermuda) (EXXI), El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB), Schlumberger (SLB), Halliburton (HAL), Enterprise Products Partners (EPD), BreitBurn Energy Partners (BBEP), National Oilwell Varco (NOV), InterOil (IOC), TransAtlantic Petroleum (TAT), Apache Corporation (APA) and Complete Production Services (CPX) are energy stocks with analysts' buy ratings of nearly 93% as polled by Bloomberg. The above stocks have 11%-46% upside potential, based on analysts' average 12-month price targets.
The unrest in the Middle East and North Africa is weighing on crude, pushing prices above the triple-digit threshold. The launch of military operations by coalition forces in Libya on March 21 pushed Brent crude above the $116-per-barrel mark. But, dismal existing-home sales data in the U.S. and Japan's radiation contamination fears could damp crude oil in the near term.
However, we believe that crude oil prices could trade firm on the escalating turmoil in Libya. At close Tuesday, WTI crude hit $102 per barrel, while Brent crude settled at $110 per barrel.
We have identified 11 energy stocks that received analysts' top buy ratings and hold the potential to deliver attractive returns over the next one year. These stocks returned an average 50% during the last one year. Analysts' consensus estimate indicates a potential 11%-46% upside over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV