This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

AutoNavi Further Expands Location-Based Solutions Business With Acquisition Of PDAger Mobility Inc., A Major Partner In China Telecom's Mobile Navigation Business

BEIJING, March 22, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AutoNavi Holdings Limited ("AutoNavi" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:AMAP), a leading provider of digital map content and navigation and location-based solutions (LBS) in China, today announced it has entered into an agreement to fully acquire PDAger Mobility Inc. ("PDAger"), a location-based service provider in China and major partner in China Telecom's mobile navigation business. Under the terms of the agreement, AutoNavi, which had previously made a strategic investment resulting in a 20% ownership stake in PDAger, will acquire the remaining 80% stake from other PDAger shareholders for a total cash consideration of approximately US$8.3 million.

PDAger was founded in 2001 and was one of the first companies to offer mobile navigation applications in China. PDAger has cooperated with China's leading smart phone makers to pre-install "NaviTo," a personal navigation application, across various popular handsets. Beginning in July 2010, PDAger partnered with China Telecom to develop and operate "E Navi," a 3G mobile navigation application of "E Surfing," an industry leading 3G services brand offered by China Telecom. "E Navi" provides smart phone users with mapping, local search, routing, turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation, GPS services, real-time traffic information and access to in-depth points of interest across China.

AutoNavi's chief executive officer, Mr. Congwu Cheng, commented, "PDAger's partnership with China Telecom demonstrates PDAger's trusted research, development and marketing capabilities. By fully integrating PDAger into our Location-based Solutions business, we will capitalize on PDAger's mobile navigation solutions and relationship with China Telecom to further enhance AutoNavi's leading position in China's LBS market."

Mr. Cheng added, "China has the largest number of mobile subscribers in the world, and China Telecom, with its high-speed and stable CDMA network, is one of the fastest growing of the three Chinese telecom carriers. According to China Telecom's annual results announcement on March 22, 2011, the company had 12.3 million 3G mobile subscribers in 2010, an increase of 202% over its 3G subscriber base in 2009, representing 13.6% of its total mobile subscribers. By leveraging PDAger's high-quality products and partnering capabilities, AutoNavi will have a new gateway to a growing user base that is bolstered by China Telecom's strong growth and the expansion of 3G mobile internet usage in China."

1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $93.74 0.00%
FB $117.58 0.00%
GOOG $693.01 0.00%
TSLA $240.76 0.00%
YHOO $36.60 0.00%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,773.64 -57.12 -0.32%
S&P 500 2,065.30 -10.51 -0.51%
NASDAQ 4,775.3580 -29.9330 -0.62%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs