Steel and timber will be other closely watched market sectors to keep an eye on as well. Investors can gain access to these industries through products such as the Market Vectors Steel ETF (SLX) and the Guggenheim Timber ETF (CUT) respectively.
Japan has and will continue to generate headlines in the weeks ahead as the nation lays out a plan for recovery and takes initial action. Although the recent tragedy has stoked fears, as Buffett pointed out this week, it may also present a buying opportunity for brave investors.
There are a number of options to consider when seeking out the companies that will be in the spotlight as the nation works to recover. Using ETFs, it is possible to target them in a safe, well-diversified manner.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV