China MediaExpress Holdings, Inc. Receives Notification From Nasdaq
FUJIAN, China, March 21, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- China MediaExpress Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: CCME) ("CME" or "Company"), China's largest television advertising operator on inter-city and airport express buses, reported today that the NASDAQ Stock Market ("NASDAQ") has sent a letter to the Company to the effect that as a result the Company's recent announcement regarding the resignation of its independent registered public accounting firm and the resulting delay in the filing of its Annual Report on Form 10-K, NASDAQ was exercising its discretionary authority under Listing Rule 5101 to require the Company to submit a plan of compliance regarding the filing of its Form 10-K not later than March 31, 2011. The Company intends to comply with NASDAQ's requirements on or before the deadline set forth above.
- Ends -
CME, through contractual arrangements with Fujian Fenzhong, an entity majority owned by CME's former majority shareholder, operates the largest television advertising network on inter-city and airport express buses in China. While CME has no direct equity ownership in Fujian Fenzhong, through the contractual agreements CME receives the economic benefits of Fujian Fenzhong's operations. Fujian Fenzhong generates revenue by selling advertisements on its network of television displays installed on over 27,200 express buses originating in eighteen of China's most prosperous regions, including the four municipalities of Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin and Chongqing and fourteen economically prosperous regions, namely Guangdong, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Fujian, Sichuan, Hebei, Anhui, Hubei, Shandong, Shanxi, Inner Mongolia, Zhejiang, Hunan and Henan.CME is included in the Russell Global Index. For more information visit: www.ccme.tv. Forward-Looking Statements This press release includes "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 (the "Securities Act"), as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"). Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to statements regarding expectations, hopes, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future. In addition, any statements that refer to projections, forecasts or other characterizations of future events or circumstances, including any underlying assumptions, are forward-looking statements. The words "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "possible," "potential," "predict," "project," "should," "would" and similar expressions may identify forward-looking statements, but the absence of these words does not mean that a statement is not forward-looking. Forward-looking statements in this report may include, for example, statements about:
- The Company's goals and strategies;
- The Company's future prospects and market acceptance of its advertising network;
- The Company's future business development, financial condition and results of operations;
- Projected changes in revenue, costs, expense items, profits, earnings, and other estimated financial information;
- The Company's ability to manage the growth of its existing advertising network on inter-city express buses and expansion to prospective advertising network on high speed railways;
- Trends and competition in the out-of-home advertising media market in China;
- Changes in general economic and business conditions in China; and
- Chinese laws, regulation and policies, including those applicable to the advertising industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV