Virginia Commerce Bank proudly announces the promotion of Wendy M. Clark to Chief Compliance Officer, with a banking career that has spanned over 33 years, Ms. Clark joined the Bank in 1998 and has led VCB’s Compliance department for the past ten years.
Wendy M. Clark, Chief Compliance Officer (Photo: Virginia Commerce Bank)
Under Ms. Clark’s leadership, the Bank’s team of compliance analysts has grown from two to eight, in step with additional monitoring that is necessary to comply with expanding banking regulations. Last year’s passage of the Dodd-Frank Act, the SAFE Act and other new regulations has further expanded the role and critical importance of the Bank’s compliance functions, including those related to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). In addition to serving as the Bank’s Chief Compliance Officer, Ms. Clark is also its BSA Officer.
“The Board of Directors and Executive Management are delighted to promote Wendy to Chief Compliance Officer in recognition of her outstanding performance and growing responsibilities,” commented Tricia Ostrander, Chief Administrative Officer. “In addition to her direct leadership in Compliance and BSA, Wendy also plays a key role in the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management committee that formally identifies risks and recommends appropriate mitigation controls.”
Established in 1988, Virginia Commerce Bank (NASDAQ-VCBI) is a full-service, community bank headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, with over $2.7 billion in assets. The Bank serves the Northern Virginia and Fredericksburg markets with twenty-eight branches, a mortgage lending office and a wealth management services department. For further information about VCB’s many services and a map of convenient locations, please visit our Web site at VCBonline.com.© 2011 Virginia Commerce Bank, All Rights Reserved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV