2. NeurogesX is a biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing pain management therapies. The company is assembling a portfolio of pain management product candidates based on known chemical entities. The company is initially focusing on the management of chronic peripheral neuropathic pain conditions.
Net loss for the fourth quarter is forecast at $14.1 million on sales of $2.4 million, compared to a net loss of $5.1 million on sales of $1.9 million recorded during fourth-quarter 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Loss per share is seen at $2.50 for 2010, as against a loss of $1.24 per share reported during 2009. For 2011, earnings per share are likely to narrow to $2.30, analysts anticipate
Of the four analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend a buy, while the remaining advise a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 218% to $11 in value from current levels. The stock is currently trading at its 52-week highs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts