3. Poniard Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development and commercialization of cancer therapeutics. The company's lead product candidate is Picoplatin, an intravenous platinum-based chemotherapeutic designed to treat solid tumors that are resistant to existing platinum-based cancer therapies.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect loss per share of 69 cents for 2010, down from $1.31 per share reported during 2009. For 2011, loss per share is likely to contract to 41 cents, analysts foresee.
The company recently announced the receipt of Clinical Trial Application (CTA) approval from the Chinese State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) to conduct two Phase III clinical studies of Picoplatin, its lead product candidate in the treatment of second-line small cell lung cancer (SCLC) and second-line ovarian cancer in China.Of the two analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 186% to $1 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV