4. Derma Sciences is a specialty medical device/pharmaceutical company engaged in the manufacture, marketing and sale of three dermatological related product lines: wound care, wound closure and specialty securement devices, and skin care.
Net loss for the fourth quarter is forecast at $0.5 million on sales of $15.7 million, compared to net income of $0.04 million on sales of $13.65 million recorded during fourth-quarter 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Loss per share is seen at 39 cents for 2010, up from 23 cents per share reported during 2009. For 2011, loss per share is likely to narrow to 27 cents, analysts foresee.
The company recently received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its patent-pending MEDIHONEY Gel Wound and Burn Dressing. This is the fourth product in the expanding MEDIHONEY franchise, which will strengthen brand leadership positioning. The product will be launched at the major annual wound conference this spring.Of the two analysts covering the stock, one recently upgraded it from underperform to neutral, while the other rated the stock outperform, raising its price target from $13 to $25, or an upside of 171% over current levels. Additionally, the stock has accumulated 80% during the past one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV