4. Derma Sciences is a specialty medical device/pharmaceutical company engaged in the manufacture, marketing and sale of three dermatological related product lines: wound care, wound closure and specialty securement devices, and skin care.
Net loss for the fourth quarter is forecast at $0.5 million on sales of $15.7 million, compared to net income of $0.04 million on sales of $13.65 million recorded during fourth-quarter 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Loss per share is seen at 39 cents for 2010, up from 23 cents per share reported during 2009. For 2011, loss per share is likely to narrow to 27 cents, analysts foresee.
The company recently received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its patent-pending MEDIHONEY Gel Wound and Burn Dressing. This is the fourth product in the expanding MEDIHONEY franchise, which will strengthen brand leadership positioning. The product will be launched at the major annual wound conference this spring.Of the two analysts covering the stock, one recently upgraded it from underperform to neutral, while the other rated the stock outperform, raising its price target from $13 to $25, or an upside of 171% over current levels. Additionally, the stock has accumulated 80% during the past one year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts