Although investors can use a variety of funds to gain exposure to the financial industry, KBE is particularly well-suited to track the industry's broad recovery given its well-diversified exposure to both Wall Street kings and smaller regional institutions.
SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (XHB)
Investors will be treated to another battery of real estate-related economic data points this week. Among the most closely watched will be new-home sales on Wednesday. (On Monday morning, the National Association of Realtors said existing-home sales dropped 9.6% in February to a far worse-than-expected seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.88 million units.)
The XHB and the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (ITB) continue to be tricky funds to follow from a long-term perspective given the persistent headwinds facing the residential real estate market. Investors looking to try their luck with these funds should keep exposure small and focused.iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (FXI) FXI's index is designed to target a collection of China's most influential publicly traded companies. This week, six firms hailing from the fund's underlying index will step up to the earnings plate and report their respective performances. Slated names include CNOOC (CEO), China Life Insurance (LFC), China Petroleum & Chemical (SNP), China Telecom (CHA), Bank of China, and China Coal Energy. Together, these holdings account for close to 30% of the fund's total portfolio. At the time of publication, Dion owned no shares of securities mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV