New Mexico introduced a bill that would establish an affiliate nexus tax on online purchases.
MissouriMissouri lawmakers are renewing the call for an Internet sales tax, filing bills to have the state join the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement. Representatives are also looking to change and simplify its tax rules requiring Internet companies to charge state and local sales taxes on online purchases. The House Tax Reform Committee heard public testimony on these bills in February 2011. If passed, Missouri could gain $210 million in 2012, according to a 2009 University of Tennessee study.
Minnesota Minnesota lawmakers are considering a bill to require Internet retailers/affiliates to pay tax on online sales. Since the state is home to two big-box retailers -- Target (TGT) and Best Buy (BBY) -- Janney Capital Markets analyst, David Strasser, foresees few objections. --Written by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jpoggi. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV