- Robert L. Evans Appointed Chairman of Company's Board of Directors
- G. Watts Humphrey Jr. Appointed Lead Independent Director of the Board
- William C. Carstanjen Promoted to President of CDI
LOUISVILLE, Ky., March 21, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Churchill Downs Incorporated ("CDI" or "Company") (Nasdaq:CHDN) today announced changes to the leadership structure of its board of directors and executive management team, following the planned retirement of current CDI chairman of the board Carl F. Pollard effective June 16, 2011.
CDI's board of directors has appointed current president and chief executive officer, Robert L. Evans, to succeed Pollard as chairman of the board concurrent with Pollard's retirement on June 16. Evans will assume the title of chairman and chief executive officer for the Company.
The CDI board of directors has appointed current director G. Watts Humphrey Jr. as lead independent director of the board. Humphrey will assume his new responsibilities on June 16.The Company also announced that William C. Carstanjen, who currently serves as chief operating officer, has been promoted to president of CDI and will assume the new role of president and chief operating officer effective immediately. In his new role, Carstanjen will have oversight of all CDI business segments, including the racing, online and gaming operating units. Carstanjen will continue to report directly to Evans. Robert L. Evans Background Robert L. Evans joined CDI as its president and chief executive officer in August 2006 and has served on CDI's board of directors since that date. He has been primarily responsible for the Company's diversified growth strategy that has resulted in its continuous growth despite the recent global economic downturn and the gradual decline of the U.S. Thoroughbred industry. Evans' direction and leadership resulted in record revenue and EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) for the Company during the 2010 calendar year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV