Nomura, the global investment bank, announced today that Richard Sherlund joined as Managing Director and Head of its US Technology equity research team.
Sherlund spent 24 years at Goldman Sachs, where he was the #1 Institutional Investor ranked software analyst for 17 years. He earned his BS, with honors, and his MBA from Cornell University, and is also a CPA. Most recently, Sherlund was the CEO and Portfolio Manager of Ketchem Creek Capital, a New York-based technology-oriented investment firm.
Ciaran O’Kelly, Head of Equities, Americas, said, “We are excited to make this cornerstone hire in US Equities as we continue to build our offering of differentiated research. We are committed to driving investment results for our clients through deep industry knowledge and a global perspective, and Rick’s record and reputation are unmatched in the business. I had the greatest admiration for Rick as a formidable competitor when I was a technology trader, so on a personal level this is a special hire, and one that confirms all we are building at Nomura.”
Paul Norris, Global Head of Equity Research said “Nomura is building a globally connected research platform where technology is a key strength, given our dominant position in Asia. We are delighted to welcome Rick to the global team.” Furthermore, Michael Rietbrock, Head of US Equity Research, added, “Rick is a thought leader within the technology industry, and his hiring represents another step toward Nomura building a top-tier US equity research department. We, and our clients, look forward to his contributions as he returns to the sell-side.”Rick Sherlund said, “As a tech analyst, I love growth stories, and the momentum of Nomura in the US makes it the most exciting place to be now. I am excited to join the great sales, trading and research team in place and return to a role serving and making money for institutional clients.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV