OTTAWA, March 21, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL), a leading provider of unified communications software solutions, today announced the general availability of the next version of the company's Unified Communicator® (UC) Advanced software. New features in UC Advanced 4.0 include desktop video conferencing that makes face-to-face video as easy as a phone call. In addition, Mitel continues to build on its Freedom open architecture by introducing server federation within an organization. This frees IT departments currently trapped in a closed, single-vendor UC architecture, providing an opportunity to take a best-in-class approach to their communications infrastructure. Visit http://bit.ly/mitelucadvanced for more information on the new version of UC Advanced and http://bit.ly/mitelfreedom for details on the Mitel Freedom architecture.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8899 .
" UC Advanced 4.0 gives IT departments that have been trapped in a closed architecture an ability to move to the best-in-class, open architecture approach they've been wanting to implement," said Mitel's Stephen Beamish, vice-president of marketing and business development. "This ability to interoperate with the applications that IT is using today is what makes UC Advanced stand out from competing solutions. From the end user perspective, UC Advanced provides a single application in which they can initiate and escalate their communications from chat to voice calling and now to video calling. Providing that flexibility for both IT and the end user is exactly what the Mitel Freedom architecture is all about."UC Advanced has experienced rapid adoption with more than 100 percent year-over-year growth in license sales for its PC client, web and mobile portals, and UC Advanced Mobile for the period of Q3 FY'10 to Q3 FY'11. Mitel Unified Communicator Advanced (release 4.0) includes the following new and enhanced capabilities:
- Server federation between UC Advanced and Microsoft® Office Communications Server (OCS) or IBM® Lotus® Sametime® is available within an organization to allow instant messaging presence, and point-to-point chat to all UC Advanced clients within the federated environment. This supports the large existing OCS base with support for Microsoft Lync™ users to be available in the next UC Advanced release.
- New UC Advanced Point-to-Point Video – From a single interface users can simply initiate and escalate a video call in the same way they would initiate a voice call, making it easier than ever to leverage video for stronger collaboration. Users can also use context-driven communication when placing a video call by attaching a subject and/or priority to encourage calls to be answered.
- UC Advanced to UC Advanced server peering – UC Server peering allows geographically dispersed UC Advanced servers to connect across the network with users having the same presence and communication capabilities – thereby increasing scalability by expanding the network of UC Advanced users to 10,000.
- Additional advancements to user interface and UC Advanced Mobile for BlackBerry® – A refreshed user interface allows for a more intuitive user experience and ease of navigation, making collaboration even simpler, while UC Advanced Mobile for BlackBerry updates provide greater flexibility for the mobile user with the provisioning of corporate locations and integration with native device contacts. UC Advanced Mobile for BlackBerry is available as a free download from BlackBerry App World: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/12679
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV