SPRINGFIELD, N.J., March 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Village Super Market, Inc. (Nasdaq:VLGEA) declared quarterly cash dividends of $.10 per Class A common share and $.065 per Class B common share. The dividends will be payable on April 21, 2011 to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 1, 2011.
James Sumas, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "This dividend declaration is consistent with the dividend policy for 2011 we announced when the Board declared the special dividends of $1.25 per Class A share and $.8125 per Class B share in December 2010. The Board's current intention is to pay quarterly dividends in 2011 in a range of $.06 - $.12 per Class A share ($.039 - $.078 per Class B share). The Board will reconsider dividend policy and other methods of providing returns to shareholders in future years based on a variety of factors, including tax rates on dividends and capital gains in effect at that time."
Village Super Market operates a chain of 26 supermarkets under the ShopRite name in New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania.
CONTACT: Kevin Begley, CFO (973) 467-2200, Ext. 220 Kevin.Begley@wakefern.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV