The maker of household products under the Kleenex, Scott and Kotex brands said inflationary pressure from higher raw materials and energy costs will lead it to pass some of those costs onto consumers of its bathroom tissue products as well as baby and child care products.
Kimberly-Clark shares rose 0.8% to close at $63.79 on Thursday. Kimberly-Clark said net selling prices in the U.S. and Canada for its Huggies baby wipes and diapers, Pull-Ups training pants and GoodNites youth pants will increase between 3% and 7%, on average. The price hikes will go into effect between June 19 and Aug. 17 of this year. Additionally, Kimberly-Clark will raise net selling prices in the U.S. for Cottonelle and Scott 1000 bathroom tissue products by around 7%, effective June 19. Price increases will vary by brand and pack size, the company said. Kimberly-Clark said net sales in North America for the consumer products facing price increases came to over $4 billion in 2010. A number of
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV