7. Sony (SNE) designs, manufactures and sells electronic equipment, instruments and devices for markets worldwide.
Sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2010 stood at $27.2 billion, down 1.4% year-over-year because of fluctuations in foreign exchange rates. However, sales increased in local currency by 6% year-on-year.
Operating income fell marginally to $1.7 billion, as a significant unfavorable foreign exchange impact outweighed positive factors for the quarter. Operating income in the networked products & services segment increased, driven by the game business, whereas operating income decreased in the consumer, professional & devices segment, negatively affected mainly due to LCD televisions.The stock received analysts' buy ratings of 67% and has around 35% upside in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV