8. Kyocera (KYO) deals with products in the information & communications market, and environment and energy market worldwide.
The company's performance in the digital consumer equipment segment is impressive, given the buzzing demand for mobile phone handsets, including smartphones, certain types of notebook personal computers, and flat panel TVs.
However, currency movement in the recent nine months has derailed business performance as the Yen has appreciated against the USD and the Euro by 7% and 15%, respectively.Nonetheless, the company's efforts to downgrade costs and improve productivity in each business segment fortified profitability. Net income more than doubled in the first nine months of fiscal 2010 compared to the same period in the last fiscal. The stock holds an upside potential of 35% as per analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV