9. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial (MTU) is a holding company for financial institutions like The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings, Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities, and Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS. The group is a leading financial group with total assets worth more than $2.5 trillion. Its services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
During third quarter of fiscal 2011, gross profit improved following gains made on sale of debt securities. Net income benefited from various cost rationalization measures the Group implemented. However, net interest income came under pressure of lower interest rates and decrease in loan balance. The Group's capital ratio stood at 15.24%, while Tier-1 was a robust 11.74%.
Going ahead, the group expects to focus on the Asia and North American markets with a retail-backed strategy. Analysts expect the stock to deliver 33% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV