Guggenheim Airline (FAA)? Oil prices have been in control of this ETF's trading pattern since Day One. FAA holds promise for those that believe crude oil prices will head back down to the $80-$85 per barrel range.
Prior to more recent concerns about Chinese demand and geopolitical unrest, commodity-oriented investments (e.g., miners, "ag," etc.) were phenomenal. If you believe that the U.S. dollar will resume a long-term downtrend and if you believe the global industrial cycle is still headed for expansion, you might want to look for value here.
The same could be said for commodity-rich Chile (ECH) and Peru (EPU); that is, their success is dependent on commodity demand and global economic expansion. If you're a believer, you might step up to the pullback plate.
In contrast, a direct investment in Japanese equities via Small-Cap Japan (SCJ) may not be the best way to show confidence in a Japanese recovery. Look to Steel (SLX), Timber (CUT) as well as Coal (KOL) to benefit from rebuilding efforts in the Land of the Rising Sun.You can listen to the ETF Expert Radio Show "LIVE", via podcast or on your iPod. You can review more ETF Expert features here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV