SAN DIEGO, March 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- InfoSonics Corporation (Nasdaq: IFON) today announced the launch of its new verykool® S810 handset and first customer shipment to Latin America.
"The S810 is the second phone developed entirely in-house by our verykool R&D center in Beijing, China," said Joseph Ram, the company's president and chief executive officer. "The S810 is a septa-band phone (tri-band in 3G plus quad-band in GSM), bar type phone with a QWERTY keypad and 2.4" QVGA TFT LCD screen that is based on WCDMA/EDGE technology. In addition, the S810 is one of only a limited number of phones available in Latin American that carries an official FCC certification with an M3/T3 HAC rating indicating that it is "Hearing Aid Compatible" and is safe to be used by those with hearing aids and cochlear implants. We are pleased to have made our first shipment to a customer in Puerto Rico."
The Company noted that the S810 is also a full multimedia product incorporating:
- 2 megapixel camera and video camera with 3GP voice and video recording and playback
- FM radio and MP3 and MP4 capability
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity with 3.6 Mbps USB tethering and PC synch
- Data capabilities with USB 1.2, SMS/MMS messaging and e-mail
- 23MB internal memory, expandable to 32GB
- Speakerphone, 72 polyphonic ringtones, 3.5mm audio jack and stereo headset included
The verykool® S810 is available and shipping now. To learn more about the device, visit our verykool® website at http://www.verykool.net/Phones/s810.About InfoSonics Corporation InfoSonics is a provider of wireless handsets and related products to carriers and distributors in Latin America and Asia Pacific. The Company distributes products supplied by OEMs and also designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells and provides after-sales support for its own proprietary line of products under the verykool® and other private label brands. Additional information can be found on our corporate website at www.infosonics.com and at www.verykool.net. Except for the factual statements made herein, the information contained in this news release consists of forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Words and expressions reflecting optimism, satisfaction or disappointment with current prospects, as well as words such as "believes," "hopes," "intends," "estimates," "expects," "projects," "plans," "anticipates" and variations thereof, or the use of future tense, identify forward-looking statements, but their absence does not mean that a statement is not forward-looking. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance and our actual results could differ materially from those contained in such statements. Risks that contribute to the uncertain nature of the forward-looking statements in this release include continued acceptance and follow-on orders from current customers, the ability of the Company to attract new customers for its products, changing customer preferences, competition and unforeseen issues with supply chain, technology and development schedules. In addition, there are many other risks not listed here that may affect the future business of the Company, as well as the forward-looking statements contained herein. To learn more about the risks and uncertainties inherent in our business, we refer you to the risk factors set forth in our periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements in this press release speak only as of the date of this release and we undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements to reflect new information, events or circumstances.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV