2. Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) develops treatments for neurological and psychiatric conditions. Its chief drugs, Xyrem and Luvox, are used to treat narcolepsy and obsessive compulsive disorder.
Jazz's stock has appreciated 46% in 2011, outpacing indices. Jazz has grown sales, net income and earnings per share 50%, 32% and 29% annually, on average, since 2008. Its stock delivered annualized gains of 40% over that span. Still, 2010 was the first year of net profitability. Three researchers rank Jazz's shares "buy" and three rate them "hold."The company's fourth-quarter adjusted earnings more than doubled to 58 cents, missing analysts' consensus estimate by 3%. Sales, up 39% to $54 million, beat consensus by 2.6%. The performance was helped by 47% net sales growth for Xyrem, with 36% sales growth for Xyrem oral solution. Management forecasts $232 to $245 million of net sales in 2011, with a gross profit margin over 90% and $2.70 to $2.90 of adjusted earnings. Jazz's balance sheet has improved over the past 12 months. Jazz has $45 million of cash and $40 million of debt, for a net liquidity position.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV