3. Six Flags (SIX) owns regional theme parks in North America. It filed for bankruptcy in 2009 and successfully exited in 2010. Based in Grand Prairie, Texas, Six Flags has enjoyed an 87% stock-price jump since June. Shares recorded a 52-week high yesterday, but then fell, posting a loss for the day.
Of equity researchers following Six Flags, all six advocate buying its stock. Miller Tabak forecasts a rise to $72. Oppenheimer & Co. expects a rise to $70. Six Flags has a market value of $1.9 billion. Management announced a stock repurchase program in February.The company's fourth-quarter sales grew 20% to $122 million and EBITDA climbed into positive territory, to $22 million, helped by stronger in-park sales, admission ticket sales and sponsorship fees as well as a drop in cash operating costs.Six Flags increased attendance 19% in the quarter. Still, it remained unprofitable on a GAAP basis, with a $95 million loss, equal to $3.38 a share, for the fourth quarter. Its balance sheet continues to improve. Six Flags held $187 million of cash at quarter's end and $971 million of debt. Debt decreased by 60%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV