4. Polycom (PLCM) makes video-, voice- and Web-conferencing products. Polycom reduces the need for business travel, saving time, money and cutting carbon emissions. The company has grown sales, net income and earnings per share 9.4%, 2.4% and 4.2% annually, on average, since 2008. Its stock has achieved annualized gains of 33% over that span. It has advanced 28% already in 2011, but has fallen out of favor with sell-side analysts. It receives 10 "buy" ratings, eight "hold" calls and a "sell" ranking.
Polycom's fourth-quarter adjusted earnings more than doubled to 49 cents, exceeding analysts' projection by an impressive 14%. Sales stretched 27% to $340 million, beating consensus by 3.6%. Performance was bolstered by growth in overseas markets. The company generated nearly half of revenue from its Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia-Pacific units. It has partnerships with service-providers AT&T, Verizon and China Unicom. Polycom has an ideal financial position for accelerated growth, with $494 million of cash and equivalents and no debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV