BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Even in a down market, there are winners: Companies that are growing despite macro-economic turbulence. Here's a look at five stocks that hit 52-week highs yesterday as the S&P 500 Index fell 2%, erasing its gain in 2011. They are fast-growth companies that have little correlation with the economic and political woes weighing on other equities. Below is a look at the stocks' performance, fundamentals and outlook.
5. Examworks Group (EXAM) is a specialty company providing independent medical examinations, used by insurance companies and employers to determine the impact and legitimacy of a patient's claims. Examworks is based in Atlanta, but also has offices in New York and 27 other locations in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. The company went public in late October with lead book-runners Goldman Sachs, Barclays and Credit Suisse. Its stock has advanced 45% since the initial sale, outperforming U.S. indices. Its shares have already appreciated 31% during 2011.
Examworks' fourth-quarter revenue more than tripled to $54 million. Its sales exceeded analysts' consensus expectations by 2.3%. The vast majority of the revenue increase resulted from inorganic growth. Examworks has purchased U.K. Independent Medical Service, BME Gateway, Royal Medical Consultants and, most recently, MES Group since it went public. The company swung to an adjusted loss of 3 cents a share and a GAAP loss of 20 cents in the latest quarter, but EBITDA multiplied to $10 million. It expects $350 million to $360 million of sales during fiscal 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV