4. Gleacher & Company (GLCH) is an investment bank offering asset management and investment banking services to companies and institutional investors. The company's services include advisory services, capital raising, and sales and trading.
Announcing 2010 final quarter results, the company reported net loss from continuing operations of $12.4 million as against net income of $9.8 million in year-ago quarter. However, excluding compensation and benefits expenses of $79.4 million incurred during the quarter, Gleacher reported net income of $47.7 million. Analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods believe that the reported results reflect the impact of restructuring the company's equity compensation plan, which was due at 2010 year-end.
Of the five analysts covering the stock, 40% recommend a buy and 40% rate a hold. As per analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, the average 12-month price target is $3.2, nearly 66.7% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV