7. Northgate Minerals (NXG) is a gold and copper producer with operations, development projects and exploration properties in Canada and Australia. The company's mines, namely Kemess, Fosterville, Stawell and Young-Davidson amounted to total proven and probable reserves of 3,555,000 ounces of contained gold and 9,247,000 pounds of copper, as of Dec. 31, 2010
Northgate finished 2010 with cash flow from operations of $56.5 million, up 36% compared to the same period a year ago. As a result, cash and cash equivalents surged to $334.8 million from $253.5 million at the end of 2009.
The company recently released an updated resource estimate for the Kemess underground project, which now holds an approximate 2.6 million ounces of gold and 861 million pounds of copper. At the Young-Davidson mine, the company reported a 20% increase in open pit reserves to 325,000 ounces. Going forward, the company expects to add further reserves as exploration activities at the mine accelerate.Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg forecast average 12-month price target of $4.32, about 54% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV