8. Capstone Turbine (CPST) develops, manufactures, markets and services microturbine technology solutions. Besides, the company's products are used as battery charging generators for hybrid electric vehicle applications.
For the latest third quarter ending Dec. 31, 2010, the company reported 51% increase in total revenue to $24.2 million. Shipments during the quarter grew to 171 from 122 in the same quarter a year ago. Backlog at the end of the third quarter was up 8% from third quarter 2009 to $84.7 million. The company recently received a new order for 24 microturbines from an unidentified independent oil company in the U.S.
Of the six analysts covering the stock, 83% recommend a buy. Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg foresee average 12-month price target of $2.3, which is 40.8% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV