10 Stocks Under $4 With Upside
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- General Steel Holdings (GSI), Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (PPHM) and Gleacher & Company (GLCH) are among ten stocks with upside potential of 37%-369%, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg.
These 10 stocks have market caps above $100 million and are trading for less than $4. Some of these stocks witnessed significant insider buying during the past six months, implying that insiders expect these companies to deliver attractive returns at current levels.
10. Active Power (ACPW) designs, manufactures and markets power solutions. The company also offers uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems. Its products deliver continuous clean power and protect consumers from voltage and frequency fluctuations.
The company reported 38% increase in total revenue to $19.3 million for the latest fourth quarter, compared to the year-ago quarter. Net income for the same quarter stood at $145,000, or breakeven, compared to a net loss of $2.2 million, or 3 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. For full-year 2010, revenue was up 61% from 2009, while net loss narrowed by 64%. The company said that it achieved its first consecutive quarterly net profit in its 18-year history.For 2011 first quarter, the company expects revenue to range between $16 and $19 million, an increase of 44% to 71% from the year-ago quarter. Earnings per share are expected to be in the range of breakeven to a loss of 2 cents. All the four analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. Analysts polled by Bloomberg envisage average 12-month price target of $2.9, which is 36.9% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV